New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Scanning for reversals: price been in downtrend and there sudden pop

Ive created a simple to show me stock that have been in a downtrend for a year, after which point there is a pop up in price, i.e. a reversal...my hope being to find something which is truly reversing and might sustain that reversal.

But due to my poor coding skills what I have written is a search showing stocks that have fallen 50% to 99% over the past year, and then have suddenly turned up.

and [PctChange (200,close) <= -50]
and [PctChange (200,close) >= -99]
and [MACD Line(12,26,9) x MACD Signal(12,26,9)]
and [MACD Line(12,26,9)>0]
and [MACD Signal(12,26,9)>0]

Can someone please help me to change the first part of my search to show stock that have been downtrending over the past year and then suddenly have a pop in price? I am open minded so i dont mind using just price...stochastics, MACD or other ideas to show that POP up.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    If you don't care how long it's taken for price to get to the bottom of its 251 day range, you can use this:

// price is in the lower 20 per cent of it's annual range
    and [Fast Stoch %K(251,1) < 20]

Then for the pop, you might try

// price was at the bottom of it's 10 day range in the last 10 days
    and [min(10, Fast Stoch %K(10, 1)) < 20]

// today, price is in the top 80 per cent of its range
    and [Fast Stoch %K(10,1) > 80]

You might want to add a volume pop, too.

// the highest volume in the last 10 days is more than three time today's average daily volume for the last month
    and [max(10, volume) > sma(21,volume)*3]

You can play with the parameters (20, 10, 80, 21, *3) to see what happens.