New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

scan

Would anyone know how to sste up a scan for a watch list? I have a lot of watch lists that are not inculed in my scans. I was thinking that maybe there where some of them that had the type of scan in them I was looking for... thank you

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited March 2017
    @gerry64 On the Advanced Scan page, find the drop downs in the "Scan Builder" section below the "Scan Criteria" text window. One of the drop downs (near the bottom) is called Chart Lists. Open that drop down and you will see all your lists. Select the one you want to scan and click Insert. It will appear at the bottom of the text window. You may have to scroll down to see it. Cut and paste it to the top of your scan (so the scan looks only at that list - it should run faster).

If you want to run the same scan against more than one list at the same time you need to construct an "or" statement. It would look like this, and would be the first line of your scan:

[ [your list name 1] or [your list name 2] or [your list name 3] ]

Each list name has to have brackets around it, and all the lists have to be within a surrounding set of brackets, as you see above - the line begins with an opening bracket and ends with a closing bracket.

If you want to run the same scan against more than one list, but just one list at a time, instead of making separate scans for each list you could add each list name to the scan, and then put "//" in front of all the lists EXCEPT the one you want to scan. The "//" tells the scan engine to ignore everything on that line. For instance:

This would run the scan only against [ your list name 1]

[ your list name 1]
    // [ your list name 2]
    // [ your list name 3]

This would run the scan only against [ your list name 2]

// [ your list name 1]
    [ your list name 2]
    // [ your list name 3]

So you would run the scan first for [your list name 1] as in the first example. Then to run for [your list name 2] you would edit the scan to put the "//" in front of [your list name 1] and then remove "//" from in front of [your list name 2] so it looks like example 2 and run the scan. Then repeat for [your list name 3], etc.

Hope that helps.
  • Mark thank you so much.