New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Anyone else miss the videos?

I used to enjoy downloading the webinars from Vimeo and then listening to them when driving, walking, etc. Due to work, I cannot attend the Marketwatchers Live events, and I don't find the written summation as comprehensive. I don't think I really realized how much I appreciated them until they were gone.

I've often wondered if it's just me, or if anyone else also is missing the webinars that used to be put up almost daily? So I thought I may as well ask.

Further to that, if anyone has some favorite podcasts or Youtube channels in a similar ilk that they'd like to recommend, I'd be eager to try them.

Comments

• Yes. I am missing most of the webinars, and dont get nearly as much out of them as I did watching Tom's recorded videos. In fact, the primary reason I became a member was to continue to listen to Tom's Trading Places. The lack of recordings is a major disappointment, but since there was a commitment to return recordings, I decided to give it time.
  • Thanks Nick,

Looks like you and I may be in a minority!
  • Agree, please bring back the webinars..i am also working daytime and there is no way i can see the new live version. let's not be the minority :smile:
  • At the end of yesterday's Market Watchers Live, Tom commented about how although people often request the sessions get recorded, Erin works hard to document the salient points and put them on the blog. However in spite of Erin's hard work, which is greatly appreciated, if you do not see it, you miss a lot. For example, just the dialogue and banter between Erin and Tom, or the audio of the special guests, would make the recording worth it. I made a comment to that effect in the comment box at the end of the show. Perhaps if more people request a resumption of the videos they'll reconsider. I would assume that it would be easier to record the session and post it, than to do the written recap every day, so perhaps there is another reason they don't want to record it.
  • I've asked about recordings also. I would like to have them available.
  • I prefer recorded webinars too. I can listen at my own time and pace.

And I find them useful for educational purposes.

Example: I still listen to Chip Anderson's ChartWatcher's Live on Vimeo.
    Chip has a talent for understanding things from the user's point of of view.
    Lot's of good stuff there that is still relevant even though it has been discontinued since 12 August 2016.
  • I also miss the webinars/recordings. It was so convenient to watch them when I have the time to watch without interruptions. It is a big deal breaker for me.