New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Scan for Multiple Signal Occurrence over a period

Hi,

I've been trying all sorts of things and reading a ton of possible answers, but have been unable to solve this scan.

Aim: Scan for two signals (like 13x50 MA and 50 x 200 MA) over a period of time (say the last 10 days) using the daily timeframe.

What I've been able to do is scan for today or for 10 days ago but if it happened on any other day in-between, it doesn't show up.

I know I can go 9 days ago, 8 days ago, 7 days ago, etc, but isn't there a better way to do this and what if I want to look over the last year as that'll be too many lines starting at 365 days ago.

This is not date specific. I want to write the scan so it moves on with the days but always checks back let's say 10 days.

Any suggestions will be welcome!
Thank you!!

Best Answer

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited May 2017 Answer ✓
    @johandekock Have you tried testing for fast MA *below* the slow MA some x number of days ago and fast *above* slow currently? In other words, don't try to specify the day of either crossover, just test for the conditions that would be true if the crossovers occurred within the time you want.

Do that for both sets of MAs and if both are true you should get a hit regardless of which day either cross occurred, whether or not on the same day or different days, and regardless of order of crossovers.

Answers