New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

industry groups

Hi

I forgot how to look up all industry groups (including symbols) within a sector ? What is the easy way to do this ? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited August 2017
    If you want to your scan to look at all the symbols in an industry group, open the "Sectors and Industries" drop down in the scan builder section of the advanced scan workbench. I would limit this somehow, say by market cap > 200, because some industries have a lot of junk - OTCs and PINKs, etc. But that's up to you of course.

For the $DJUSxx symbols for each industry, look on the member page in the control center. Slide down until you see "reports and analysis tools", then "industry summary". I'm not sure if this is subscription level dependent. If it is, then you could use search with "$DJUS", or, on your chart style include under price performance $SYMBOL:$INDUSTRY". But to get the sector for a $DJUS" symbol, you would have to match the name associated with the symbol to the industry name in the sectors and industries drop down.
  • Options
    Markd

Thanks as always. It works.