New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Does anybody here use Macd 3,10,16 on hourly charts?

I started a discussion in the old S.C.A.N. about the merits of Macd 3,10,16 and learned a lot through that discussion.
Recently I have been exploring the use of Macd 3,10,16 on hourly charts with 3X ETFs (TZA at the moment).
I was wondering whether anybody here has experience with using Macd 3,10,16 on hourly charts.
I am also interested in any experience you have in using Macd 3,10,16 to trade 3X ETFs.

Comments

• Options
    Here is something I learned finally: I figured that using faster/shorter parameters in MACD like 3,9,12 or 6,13,5 (12,26,9 divided by 2) would help me catch an early entry or exit signal. What I finally learned is that I was the only one watching this. So, if only one person gets the signal out of everyone else, how useful is that? Not useful at all. I stick with the published parameters: 12,26,9 and 5,35,5. This is what the majority of people use.