New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

futures contract list

Hello, I would like to create a new chartlist with all futures contracts only (SP500, Euro, Gold, Oil, Sugar etc.) What is the easiest way of doing this, rather than searching individually to make my list ?
Thank you

Comments

• You could use the site search function for symbols.

Most contract symbols begin with a carat, which looks like and upside down V (it's above the number 6 on the top row of number keys on most keyboards - so it's Shift-6, which comes out as ^.

In the "Sharp Chart" search window at the top of the Member page, enter the carat alone, or, add a keyword for the contract, like oil or cocoa, etc.

So, start with ^ and press enter.

If you want only oil contracts enter ^ oil

If you want only 2018 contracts enter ^ 2018

etc.

I haven't tried it, but you may be able to do something similar with a scan, e.g.

and [symbol contains "^"]
    and [name contains "oil"]
    and [name contains "2018"}

Then you could merge the results into a list, or put them into a temp list, edit the temp list, then merge the temp list into a final list.

• Thank you Markd ! I found a better way though. Using Sharp Chart search, just type "contract". This brings up all continuous futures contracts as well as monthly expiration too.
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited January 2018
    Great! Even better. Thanks for sharing that.