New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

How can I find stocks with the following criteria

raulerneraulerne
edited July 2014 in Scanning
my question is how can i scan the stock charts database to find the stocks that have a price over 6 dollars, have a daily volume over 100,000 units, and their Aroon Up is over 90 and their Aroon Down is below 30. I would really appreciate your help.
raul

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    [Close > 6.0]
    and [Daily SMA(50,Daily Volume) > 100000]
    and [Aroon Up(25) > 90.0]
    and [Aroon Down(25) < 30.0]

and [country is US]
    and [type is stock]

Answers

• markdmarkd mod
    edited July 2014
    Hi Raul, you can construct this scan on the advanced scan page by selecting each of the terms you want to use from the drop downs under the scan window, then click insert, then edit the default conditions.

So, select 'close' from Price, Volume and SCTRs, hit insert and edit; select volume from the same place; select Aroon Up and Dn from Technical indicators.

When you are done selecting, inserting and editing, click on "Check Syntax". Fix any problems (there probably won't be any). When it tells you everything is OK, click Save As (above the scan window), and give it a name.

Finally, click Run and see the results.

For more detailed instructions, click on the Instructions link at the very bottom of the Advanced Scan page. Also, check out the videos on scan writing in Chart School.

If "Check syntax" gives you a problem, copy and paste the whole scan here and we'll tweak it.