New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Can you scan for 60 minutes time frames

Hello:
Is it possible to scan for 60 minutes candles?
For example,
_Intraday: Can I scan for all the stocks - whose last 1 (or last 2 or 3..) 60 minutes candles were either Green or Red?
-Last Close: Can I scan for all the stocks - whose last 1 (or last 2 or 3..) 60 minutes candles were either Green or Red?

Thanks!

Answers

• The answer is no, unfortunately. Only Daily and Weekly periods work.
  • Depending on your TECHNICAL scanner, You can adjust certain technical parameters to achieve this, for eg., if you are looking for 200x50 SMA cross on Hourly, Use the time ratio and reduce it down to Daily Chart and Scan for those to find a close match.

Ofcourse this varies for every indicator out there. SMA is a simple indicator so the time ratio may work close enough, If the same principle applied on RSI, it may not. If you have the time to spend and understand the math behind, you can get a close approximation of Hourly Behavior on Daily chart.

Ask yourself this question, "DO I NEED TO GO THROUGH THIS EFFORT ?" and "HOW THE PAYBACK LOOKS?" If you still want to pursue, go for it. Personally, I have done this for certain Strategies, It has paid me well.