New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

COLOR BLIND--volume bars?

I'm working with a friend who is color blind. When red and green are beside each other he can't see the colors. I've tried "advanced options" within the "INDICATORS" section of the charting software, to change the red-green color volume bars, but it doesn't change the colors of the bars. Any ideas from anyone? Much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• On the Chart Workbench, in the Chart Attributes section, on the second line, find "Color Scheme". One is "Color Vision Impaired", but there are many others as well.
  • Thank you...I've been working with "Color Impaired" but was looking for more choices. Your suggestion, though, made me think to use completely different color schemes to experiment with the auto feature in each. Thanks. I'll give this all a whirl and aim for some happy campers over here. Thx.
  • PURPLE and GREEN and of course, black, gray, anything not red-green mixes work for one of my chums who is color blind.

But if you are referring to the VOLUME bars, he merely uses one color, since different color for up vrs down is not all that necessary. He just references the price action which is what drives the color bars in volume. Price Direction and VOL SIZE is what's important, he doesn't need different color vol bars. He had to do some experimentation with his moving averages overlaid on volume bars by changing the backgrounds of the chart to avoid red and green MAs.

Hope this helps!!