New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Alerts Page

I have set up several automated alerts that I have designated to notify me via e mail, and to then continue running. I have a particular one capturing some stochastic s and MACD triggers. I usually get an early e mail notification of this alert trigger. Assuming it shows 3 stocks that meet this criteria. Now as the day progresses, I never get another automatic alert for this alert criteria. Therefore I have to go and do a manual scan for the same parameters and I will get several new stocks as the day progresses, meeting the alert criteria. Why do I not get additional auto alerts as the day progresses with new stocks being added. To be current I always have to manually run the scan thru out the day.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited May 2018
    I see your point. But apparently, that's the way it's designed to work. See the "Alerts Processing" section here:

https://stockcharts.com/docs/doku.php?id=alerts

Possibly the original thinking was, since stocks fluctuate, the same signal can trigger several times in a day for the same stock, and they didn't want to annoy subscribers with several notices for the same stock.

But your point is a valid one, why can't I see when the trigger occurs the first time for each different symbol? That's not redundant information.

There may be technical reasons that it's not feasible to do this - on a sharp, market wide move, some signals could be triggered for hundreds, maybe thousands of stocks. Imagine what that would do to your inbox...

I suppose you could delete the spent alert and create a new one. But that's not ideal either.

But, it's worth contacting Support to suggest some form of enhancement.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I thought that when the alert setup said: After triggering, to continue, that it would continue to monitor thru out the remainder of the day . But evidently, it stops for that day, and resets for a one time trigger the next day and subsequent days.