New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Tracking Mcclellans intraday - NYSI/summation index

Hey all, I know that the NYSE Mcclellans are usually EOD calculated in stockcharts, namely the NYMO and NYSI (summation). Is anyone aware of a stockcharts intraday (like 30m) symbol for NYSI or a way to calculate?

I've figured out that the NYMO/Mcclellan oscillator can be calculated intraday by setting symbol to $NYAD and a MACD indicator with 19,39,1 parameters. Is there a way to use indicators or something else in stockcharts to calculate the summation (NYSI) intra day? thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    I guess what you would want is a simple accumulator like OBV for volume, but applied to the MACD. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anything like that in the Advanced Options drop down, and I don't see anything that would synthesize it, either.

I was thinking something like the CCI applied to the MACD might do something similar. Like the Summation Index it adds a layer of slowing, but 1 - I'm not sure if it would do what you want, and 2 - you'd probably have to play with the CCI parameter to see if there is a reasonable setting.