New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

stock vs $nya

I like to write a scan where a stock:$NYA ema15 crosses ema150, and where the ema 150 has been in an uptrend?
can somebody please help me?

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited May 2019
    As far as I know, you can not write a scan for ratio values.

However, you may be able to figure out how to do something with the PctRelative function, explained here:

https://stockcharts.com/docs/doku.php?id=scans:functions
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    @wdw, I've been attempting to do this for a while but unsuccessfully. Something that you may want to consider it playing around with the PctRelative function like @markd suggested. I haven't been able to make it recognize a MA but you can take a take to PctRelative values and look for a crossover or movement.

[PctRelative(15,$NYA) x PctRelative(150,$NYA)]

Unfortunately it's tough to verify or validate the results via the charts and it probably isn't exactly what you are asking about.

You could also use a comparison of under performing to out performing over different periods. Remember, you can also use $Industry and $Sector in the space for the Relative comparison