New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Hour not Day

Hello, I bet this has been answered plenty before and I just don't know how to search for it.

I would like to be able to scan using parameters shorter than days. For example, if I want to know every stock that has had a recent upturn in MACD(12,26,9), the scan will automatically think that I am talking about days. But if I want my charts to go by the half-hour instead of the day, then that same MACD will look radically different. Is there a way to just say at the outset of a scan that all of my mentioned parameters refer to a timeframe other than days?

Thanks!

Comments

• Day is the smallest of the options for scanning. The data is updated throughout the trading day so the indicator levels will adjust as each update is treated like it's the current days end of day data (until the next update in a few minutes).

But you can't scan on shorter term data. You can ask for weekly or monthly data in your scans.

At the top of the screen is a box that says Search with a Magnifying glass. If you put a term or phrase in the box and click the Magnifying glass it will return anything that matches up with the request.
  • That's really disappointing. It seems like a major missed opportunity.