New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Do divergences work for the RRG Indicators?

It looks like they do for both, the JdK RS-Ratio and the JdK RS-Momentum. Could someone confirm it?
Thanks.

Comments

• Hi dreamtalk, as mentioned in the other post, RRG Charts are not meant for trading signals. A quick review of the RRG ChartSchool article does not discuss divergences either for the two RRG axis plotted in the indicator window. I believe that the two axes are simply transposed from the quad and laid out horizontally in an indicator window, but I am not certain. These two indicators are not established at least for divergence purposes. I would recommend using something established like MACD for divergence purposes.
  • Divergence is a "tricky one". The RRG lines are not constructed like RSI, MACD, SToch etc. hence it is difficult to apply the same "rules". Having said that I have found that sometimes divergences can be spotted on the JdK RS-Ratio line preceding turns in the raw Relative Strength line. Divergences in the JdK RS-Momentum lines may be used to "peek ahead" into the behaviour of the JdK RS-Ratio line but I'm not sure yet if I would be a big fan of that as you will be peeking ahead of an already leading indicator (Rate of change) and thus trying to lead a leading indicator .... hmmmmmm