New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

RSI MA crosss

Ok can anyone assist on this one please.
Looking for a default daily setting RSI 14 with a SMA 9 overlay to it, showing both a 9 SMA and 14 RSI cross at the 50 level.
As well the same as above with the 45 EMA cross of a default RSI 14 both over the 50 level. Have beat my head to death trying to figure out so any help is greatly appreciated . Also this would be EOD close settings. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited January 2015
    Hi lynden, it's unlikely both indicator and it's MA will cross simultaneously because the MA necessarily lags the indicator itself. I suppose it might be possible if the indicator has flattened out around 50, but that would be a more unusual situation I think.

I think what you want to do is test for the indicator > 50 already, and then test for the MA x 50.

If you wanted a heads up on the MA crossover, you could scan for the RSI x 50 first, save in a list, then scan the list for sma x 50 on succeeding days.