New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

scan for Day trading stocks

hi
new here and can some one help to give specs for few setups to scan for "Day trading"
thks for help :)

I had 1 for swing setup, learnt recently

Buy
RSI(2) < 5
Down 3 days
Close above MA200

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited February 2015
    Not a day trader, but you might want to search on Linda Bradford Raschke (books, youtube videos, website) for day trading set ups.

One I remember is MACD with 3,10,16 parameters instead of the default values. See her explanation of when to use. A quick review of DHI (Horton, a home builder) with this indicator looks like you could enter on the histogram crossing above zero and hold (or day trade intraday rallies) as long as each succeeding histogram bar is taller than the previous bar. As I said, I haven't actually done this, so you should research this thoroughly before doing anything with it.

• Also, day trading likely uses intraday scans. Intraday scans are not available in the scan engine. Here is a suggestion: study swing or momentum trading setups where holding times are from 1 to 3 or 5 days.