New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Multiple Timeframes on One Chart

Is it possible to create a SharpChart that would have daily, weekly and monthly timeframes for one symbol. 3 individual charts within the large chart.

Best Answers

• markdmarkd mod
    edited February 2015 Answer ✓
    Not that I know of. But here are some suggestions:

If you haven't already, look at Gallery view. It has an intraday (10 minute), a daily, a weekly and and a P&F chart on one screen. I don't think it can be customized, however. (Somebody correct if that's no longer true.)

Create a chart style for daily, weekly and monthly timeframes and assign each style to a style button. You can switch back and forth between them, or open a browser window for each style. Some browsers will allow you to tile the windows so all will appear at once.

If you don't need a lot of detail, you can use price channels or stochastics or moving averages to show where the current price is in relation to past prices. So for the one year view you could use 251 days, 63 days for a quarter, 21 days for a month. Color code the time periods so you can tell them apart.
  • gordgord admin
    Answer ✓
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited February 2015 Answer ✓
    Yes, @Gord, that's an excellent way to do it. Thanks for the reminder. When I tried this out, I thought I was going to have to give up style buttons. But you don't. As long as you have a style with the correct Gallery name, you're fine. It doesn't have to have a style button assigned. But in the process of discovering this, I looked at styles I hadn't used in a while and spent the afternoon re-numbering and rationalizing my chart styles. More fun than shoveling the car, the walk, the roof...

I can't say enough how valuable this forum and the SC blogs and videos are for honing trading tools and ideas. Thanks for your part in making these things happen.

Answers

• Thanks gord and markd for sharing your knowledge. Very helpful.