New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Scanning across different time horizons?

Hi,

I have a scan that returns results based on daily chart data. To help me more accurately determine a possible entry point; I'd like to add a test row based on an indicator from an hourly chart.

For simple example - say I get a list of stocks based on (among other things) the last close value of the Fast Stoch on the daily chart. To help narrow the list down further & help me id those ready for possible entry; I'd like to look for those stocks that meet my Fast Stoch criteria on an hourly chart. Possible?

Take care,
Ise

Best Answers

• gordgord admin
    Answer ✓
    Sorry this isn't possible at the present time, the scan engine contains only daily data which supports scans of Daily, Weekly or Monthly.

• KevoKevo
    Answer ✓
    I had a similar situation. The workaround solution I found was to create an hourly Default ChartStyle. Bring up the Daily period scan results and if your scan results are 20 or less symbols, this solution becomes manageable by looking at each symbol separately.

Answers

• IseIse
    edited April 2015
    Thanx Kevo, good idea. Makes sense & I will use that approach as well.