New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Ichimoku Cloud is Green = True returns red and green results.

This predefined scan appears broken.

Comments

• KevoKevo
    edited July 2015
    My first thought is to check to see that the period used in the SharpCharts Workbench matches the period used by the scan engine. The scan engine defaults to the Daily period. Optionally, you can specify Weekly or Monthly in the scan engine. Check your Default ChartStyle too.
  • I would assume since clouds are plotted 26 periods into the future this current cloud is the one that should be green. However red and green clouds are shown in the chartlist.
  • KevoKevo
    edited July 2015
    I see what you are talking about. I don't know.

The only thing I noticed is that the cloud is green for the current day, not the right most area of the chart.

Maybe support can confirm this.
  • Wait a minute...

If this is the scan clause you are using:

and [Daily Green Ichimoku Cloud is true]

then it came from the Candlestick Patterns drop down. Candlestick Patterns are very short-term. So, it would make sense that this scan clause is looking at the current day.

If you want to see Green Ichimoku clouds only on the right-most side of the chart, then use the following scan clause:

and [Ichimoku Span A(9,26,52) > Ichimoku Span B(9,26,52)]