New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

How do you add stocks from your Advanced Scan Workbench, to Your Chart List?

After you set up an Advanced Scan Workbench to find stocks that you wish to track, how do you quickly and efficiently add them to Your Chartlist?

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited July 2016
    Bear with me. It's very easy to do, but it takes some explaining.

I'm assuming you have written a scan, given it a name and saved it so you can re-run it whenever you want.

The scan is a list of conditions that have to be true, and it probably includes indicators (like MACD or RSI, etc.) and/or overlays (like MAs or Price Channels).

Before your run the scan, you should set up a chart style that includes those indicators.

So lets say your scan is

and [PPO Line(12,26,9) x 0]
    and [sma(50,close) > sma(200,close)]

(just an example - no idea if it's a good scan)

You need a chart style that includes the PPO indicator and the 50 MA and the 200 MA.
    Go to the chart workbench, make a chart with PPO and the smas, name it and save it.
    After you save it with a name, you can also save it as your Default style if you want.

When you run a scan, you may or may not get results, depending on what the market is doing. If you do get results, they will appear on a results page (my browser gives me a separate window; some browsers might replace your scan workbench page).

At the top left of the page, under the "Criteria" box, there is a drop down "Available Actions" with several options - create a new list, replace an existing list, etc.

For now, create a new list. It will get a name that includes the scan name and today's date.

Open the list in 10 per page view. The charts will appear in your default chart style. If your default chart style includes the indicators/overlays in your scan, you are done. Just view your results. If not, click on any chart to go to the chart workbench. Select the style you created for this scan. Then go to the bottom of the page and click on "Apply style to all". Then click on "View all" at the top of the page to go back to 10 per page view.

Done.
  • Excellent! Many Thanks, markd !!!