New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Scans - excluding "SML" from the universe (but retaining $Index results)

I wish to create a MACD scan to include $ index but to exclude the Universe of small caps:

Can you help?

My scan is below:

[group is not Sp600]
AND [group is not Sp400]
AND [country is not canada]
AND [group is NOT TSE300]

and [exchange is NOT NSE]
and [exchange is NOT OTCMKT]

// COUNTRY

and [country is not Canada]

// STARTS/ENDS/CONTAINS

AND [Weekly MACD Signal(12,26,9,Weekly Close) < 0] AND [Weekly MACD Line(12,26,9,Weekly Close) < 0]
AND [Weekly MACD Signal(12,26,9,Weekly Close) crosses Weekly MACD Line(12,26,9,Weekly Close)]
AND [Weekly MACD Hist(12,26,9,Weekly Close) < Last Week's MACD Hist(12,26,9,Weekly Close)] AND [Last Week's MACD Hist(12,26,9,Weekly Close) < 2 weeks ago Weekly MACD Hist(12,26,9,Weekly Close)] AND [2 weeks ago Weekly MACD Hist(12,26,9,Weekly Close) < 3 weeks ago Weekly MACD Hist(12,26,9,Weekly Close)] AND [3 weeks ago Weekly MACD Hist(12,26,9,Weekly Close) < 4 weeks ago Weekly MACD Hist(12,26,9,Weekly Close)]

Rank by "marketcap"

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited August 2016
    For market cap, I think you can cover it all by choosing a market cap number large enough to exclude small caps. Market cap is expressed in millions, so 100 would be 100 million, 1000 would be a billion. So maybe:

and [market cap > 2000]

2 billion is the upper limit of the Finviz site's definition of small cap, but it's up to you.