New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

RSI 2

Can someone help me with the code to RSI-2 I would love to back-test it and check on how it does for a short term trader like me. I checked the forum but didn't see it posted anywhere?

the buy signal........ [type = stock]
and [today's sma(20,volume) > 40000]
and [today's sma(60,close) > 20]
and [today's close > today's sma(200,close)]
and [5 x today's rsi(2)]

The Sell signal.....
[type = stock]
and [today's sma(20,volume) > 40000]
and [today's sma(60,close) > 20]
and [today's close < today's sma(200,close)]
and [today's rsi(2) x 95]

So how would you input both into a chart so that you can use it as an indicator, Im half tech savvy but either Im exhausted from fighting the good fight today or just got mental block.
Help please!

TY

Comments

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited December 2015
    There's nothing wrong with your code. So I'm guessing your question is, how do you set up RSI(2) as an indicator on a chart?

You will need to create a chart style that includes RSI(2). You can do that on the Chart work bench.

So open any of your existing chart lists in 10 per page mode. Click on any chart to get you to the Chart Workbench.

Under "Indicators", select RSI and change the parameter to "2". For "Position" select Above or Below.

If your subscription level gives you "Advanced Options", open that and near the end of the line, in "Overlays" select "Horizontal Line". In "Parameters" enter "95:red".

Then, back to "Indicators", right under the RSI(2) you just added, add RSI(2) again (so it shows up twice). For "Position", select "Behind Indicator". Now under "Advanced Options" again, under "Parameters" add "Horizontal Line" again, but for "Parameters" enter "5:green".

Hit the "Update" button to display the changes. NOTE: you can change the size of the indicator window where RIS(2) is displayed if it is too big - for BOTH RSI(2)s, change the "Height" to say, .03 or .02.

If you turn on "Inspect" (at the very top of the chart), you can line up the exact bar on the chart with the points where RSI(2) crosses 5 or 95.

To save the style, find the "ChartStyles" line just above the Chart Attributes box, and select "Add New", name the style (e.g. "RSI 2") and save it.

If you want this style to be your default, also click on Save as Default.

If you do NOT make the RSI 2 style your default, you will have to apply the style to every results list when you run the scan. To do that, put the results in a list, display the list in 10 per page, click on a chart to go to Chart Workbench, change the style to RSI 2, then click the Apply to All button at the bottom of the page.