New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Daily Flags

Hello!

I am looking for a screen that allows me to find stocks that have risen approximately 90% in the last two months.

I am also looking to scan for flag pattern stocks in general.

Thank you!

Comments

• For 90 per cent gain in 2 months, you would compare today's close to the close 90 days ago, or close > 90 days ago close * 1.9.

For the flag pattern, its hard to write a scan using OHLC data because patterns are like snowflakes, no two alike.

However, you might check out the predefined P&F patterns on this page. Look at the corresponding price charts for each hit and see if they resemble a flag.

https://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.scan

Maybe bullish triangle comes close?

• I haven't seen @Sharptraders on this forum for a while, so I forgot he has a site that has a section on flags and other patterns:

sharptraders.com/flags.html

• I'm still around...Thanks...Anyway, if you are looking for a 9)% gain in 2 months then I assume you are really looking for High Tight Flags vs. regular flags...Unlike regular flags the flag portion in a HTF doesn't really need to resemble a flag.
  • Sorry...I meant 90%