New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

What time of day do you trade?

What time of day do you make most of your trades: morning, mid-day, last hour of trading or after-hours? Why do you do your trading at that time?

Best Answer

• CushCush
    Answer ✓
    Bob, I began tracking the times of my trades in my journal a few years ago. I expected to see a pattern, but I didn't find one. It is worth noting that I am not day-trading. I typically hold from a few months to half a dozen months or even longer. So, my trading volume is not what it once was when I traded more frequently.
    Anecdotally, I have observed a pivot point at 10:30 am. I try to avoid buying or selling in the period leading up to 10:30 am, say 10:00 am to 10:30 am.

What about you?

Answers

• Thanks @Cush. Like you, I am NOT day trading. But I prefer to trade every few weeks rather than every few months. Thanks for the tip on the 10:30 pivot. I am a bit more likely to sell in the afternoon. But the last hour (or at least 1/2 hour) is a bit more volatile than I prefer. I have heard there is a lot of algorithm trading done that hour.