New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

$NYA, Dec,27, 2016

$NYA
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$NYA&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=5&id=p61665491290
Does anyone have a theory/explanation for the huge up bar on this day? It is bothering me like an itch that I can't scratch. It looks like an exhaustion bar but it is not confirmed by volume, in fact there is a divergence with low volume which returns to near normal as does price with subsequent trading . Is this something that I should ignore or is it in fact an exhaustion bar that may take some time to play out?

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited January 2017
    As far as I can tell, that move does not appear in any other index. If it were a "real" move, then the stock(s) that caused it should have a similar effect on other indices - general market or sector specific or industry specific. On the other hand, It might have been caused by a foreign stock ADR that isn't included in US based indices. But if that's the case, then it probably wouldn't have predictive value for the general market. So I would treat it as either a data error or an anomaly without technical significance.
  • Thank You markd