New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Yesterday's close within 2% of 52 week high, but no new 52 week high in the last 90 days

I am trying to write a scan that will return all stocks that are within 2% of their 52 week high, but which have not had a new 52 week high in the last 90 days.

It is probably simple, but I a stuck.

I have:

[ [type = stock] and [country = US] ] and
[
[high > 1 day ago max(253,high) * .98] and // Price is greater than 98 of the 52 week high
[high < 1 day ago max(253,high)] and // but is less that the 52 week high
[1 day ago max(90,high) < 1 day ago max(253, high)] // and the hasn't made a new high in 90 days.
]

I am getting stocks that are making daily new highs.

Comments

• Options
    Try line 2: [ high>(1 day ago max(253,high) *.98)]

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited February 2017
    This doesn't produce any charts with a new 253 high (that I could find):

and [max(90,high) < max(253, high)] // hasn't made a high above today's max 253 high for 90 days

and [high > max(253,high) * .98] // but today's high is within 2 % of today's max 253 high

If you don't want today's high to be a new high, you can include today in the max( ). That way, the first statement should guarantee that you don't get a new 253 high.

• Options
    My apologies for the delayed response. Busy busy. Thanks Markd! This works perfectly.