New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Dividend and Outstanding Shares SCAN

Hello,
I am trying to write 2 scans:
1. To find stocks where the companies have reinstated the dividend or has increased the divided
over the last 3 or 6 months. I have written

[type = stock] AND [Daily SMA(20,Daily Volume) >100000]
and [exchange is TSX]
and [Uptrend is true]
and [has dividend is true]
and [3 months ago dividend is not true]
I get the following message.
Your scan syntax is incorrect. Could not parse "DIVIDEND" located in the clause "3 MONTHS AGO DIVIDEND IS NOT TRUE"

2. The second scan is to find companies that have more outstanding shares than 3 months ago. I have written

and [outstanding shares > 3 months ago outstanding shares]

I get the following message.

Your scan syntax is incorrect. Invalid expression: OUTSTANDING SHARES > 3 MONTHS AGO OUTSTANDING SHARES

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited March 2017
    It looks to me like you can't do what you want to do. I am guessing "has dividend is true" and "outstanding shares" query the current value only - that is, the database does not keep historical information for those items, so those expressions cannot be modified to look for values on prior dates (e.g. 20 days ago). You can see historical dividend and split information on a chart by adding the "Events - all" overlay, but the chart database is not the same as the scan database.

My understanding is, Support does not, as a rule, look at scans unless you can demonstrate a data error. However, if you ask the question whether it is possible to scan for historical dividend or outstanding share data, I think they could answer that pretty easily. Maybe @gord knows.
  • I have to agree with @Markd , I did a few tests myself and it seems, as expected, these values are not stored on a daily basis.
  • Thanks,
    Chubby