New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Scanning for Beginner

I would greatly appreciate it if someone would please point me to a tutorial on scanning. I'm an old, old man (85), been using the charts for a long time but have never scanned and can't seem to locate a tutorial. Thanks.

Best Answer

• CushCush
    Answer ✓
    Hi Don, I am sure some of the others here will be able to give you more detailed information about scanning tutorials. I will give you this link to give you somewhere to start.

In the ChartSchool, you'll find an overview of technical scans.
    http://stockcharts.com/docs/doku.php?st=standard+scan&id=scans

In that overview, it will give you a link to a number of videos related to creating scans.

Hope that helps.

Answers

• markdmarkd mod
    edited October 2014
    Agree with Cush, but I think it's actually easier to start with the videos. Here's the link to the video page:

stockcharts.com/videos/

The scan writing stuff is at the bottom. This is specifically about Stockcharts scanning, so you have to be a Stockcharts subscriber to make use of it.

Don't hesitate to post questions here. We will help. I check in almost everyday (including weekends) and I'm sure many others do, too.

Also, after the videos, look over the "scan archives" section on this page for ideas and examples of both simple and more complicated scans.

Congratulations on tackling a new skill. I think you'll be amazed how wonderful scanning is for finding charts.
  • Thanks so much to both of you. I'll check out both links.