New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Price Performance and Volume Performance

I saw a presentation from marketgauge.com that contain two charting indicators that seem to be proprietary, Price Performance and Volume Performance. Please see attached screenshot.

Not wanting to pay $500.00 for an indicator that's been renamed. Is there an equivalent in Stockcharts?

Thank you,

Comments

• Would need to know what they are supposed to track, and how they are calculated. The names alone don't tell you much.
  • They don't really divulge how they are figured other than when Volume and Price indicators cross a line, then it's time to buy. I was just wondering if anyone has seen this or is there something in Stockcharts that would simulate this?
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited February 2018
    Volume could be some variation of OBV or Force, with non-default parameters and an MA. Price Performance could be relative strength, which is Price with ratio symbols (e.g. IBM:$SPX) or Price Performance (per centage version of Price ratio), also with an MA. But you would have to figure out the parameters and the base symbol for the ratio ($SPX in the example) .
  • I think that markd has it. Price Performance with a 20 and 200 day ma and OBV with a 20 lines up pretty spot on.