New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Trying to make a WATCHLIST

Can I not make a watchlist? Does it have to be a chartlist?
I went to "Create New List", thinking I could just make a list of stocks, but apparently every stock on the list has to be tied to a chart?
All I want to do is apply my watchlist to a scan I've made. Instead of getting ALL the ETFs scanned, I only want the 4 ETFs that I'm watching scanned.
Sorry, but, I am NOT understanding these directions.

Comments

• Put your 4 etfs in a chart list, yes tied to some random chart. Then reference that list in your scan. This is an example of a trade off of simplicity of design. There are programs like AmiBroker or T2000 that can be programed directly, but you will find the learning curve goes way up. There are also sites that just do alerts as more of a specialty, but the focus here is on charts, with a few tools hung on the side.
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited May 2018
    cme4pif's way is the easiest.

If for some reason you don't want to use up a list, you can code the ETF symbols into your scan. Watch your brackets and put quotes around the symbol:

// begin scan

[

[ symbol is 'ABC'] // an ETF

or

[symbol is 'DEF'] // another ETF

or

[symbol is 'GHI'] // another ETF

or

[symbol is 'JKL'] // another ETF

]

// set up or trigger conditions

and [ MACD Line(12,26,9) x 0]