New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Using Charts w/ Scans

Hi!

After I run a scan that yields say six stocks, how do I display one of the stocks using a previously saved chart?

Thank you!

Dr. T

Comments

• Here's a link to the Chart School explanation of Chart Styles:

https://stockcharts.com/docs/doku.php?id=chartstyles

It's a bit long, but once you get chart styles, your life will be much easier. You can switch between styles (e.g. daily to weekly to monthly) quickly, and you can apply a style to a whole list with the Apply Style to All button at the bottom of the chart workbench.

If a previously saved chart has features you want to re-use often, make a chart style from it. Then, for any other chart you can apply that style by selecting it from the "Chartstyles:" drop down on the chart workbench.

If you don't want to do all that, make a note of the symbol from your scan, go to the saved chart, click on it to get to the chart workbench and enter the scan symbol in the "Symbol" box at the upper left. It will display with all the same attributes (size, background, indicators, etc.) as the saved chart.
  • Dear Mark D,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll read the material over the weekend.

Dr. T