New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Weekly MACD Line

The scan below works when I remove the weekly line < last week's line requirement in the second paragraph even though the weekly line is less than last weeks weekly line. It does not work when I keep the requirement in the scan. Can't figure out why?

[Favorites list is 10] and [[[This week's MACD Line(12,26,9) > 0.0] and [This week's MACD Line(12,26,9) > This week's MACD Signal(12,26,9)] and [This week's MACD Line(12,26,9) < Last week's MACD Line(12,26,9)] and [Today's MACD Line(12,26,9) > 0.0] and [Today's MACD Line(12,26,9) > Today's MACD Signal(12,26,9)] and [Today's MACD Line(12,26,9) < Yesterday's MACD Line(12,26,9)]]

or [[This week's MACD Line(12,26,9) > 0.0] and [This week's MACD Line(12,26,9) > This week's MACD Signal(12,26,9)] and [This week's MACD Line(12,26,9) < Last week's MACD Line(12,26,9)] and [Today's MACD Line(12,26,9) > 0.0] and [Today's MACD Line(12,26,9) < Today's MACD Signal(12,26,9)] and [Today's MACD Line(12,26,9) < Yesterday's MACD Line(12,26,9)]]]

Comments

• When you want to use a time frame other than daily (the default), you have to modify the indicator to specify weekly. So it should be "this week's weekly MACD LIne(...", etc.
  • Didn't I do that here?

[This week's MACD Line(12,26,9) < Last week's MACD Line(12,26,9)]
  • Look closely:

[This week's weekly MACD Line(12,26,9) < Last week's weekly MACD Line(12,26,9)]
  • OMGosh. Thank you very much. This is likely the problem that I have had for quite a while now and is the reason SC sent me to this site. Again, thank you. I'm gonna try this tonight.
  • Well, now, after the close, it works without making those changes. Grrrrr
  • Just a comment about "it works". Getting expected results from one run of the scan on one data state does not confirm that "it works". The expected results could be a coincidence. I'm not saying it doesn't work, just suggesting you may need more evidence to prove to yourself that it does.
  • Mark, yes, thanks. I do understand. It's very odd to me that most of the day yesterday my scan did not work, selected SPX I mean, until after the close. This or something like this has happened before and the folks at SC sent me here to you guys for help. I think that it has something to do with the weekly macd fline because when I removed it from the scan and tested it, it worked, and when I added back the weekly fline, it didn't work again until after the close. It's frustrating but also intriguing.