New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Bollinger and kept her channels

Hi all,
I'm looking to build a scan that will pick up a squeeze of the Bollinger bands within the keltner channels.I've been after this all week it's time to ask for help!

Comments

• Can you not get the scan to run, or do you not like the results you are getting?
  • If you use the Search function on this site and plug in different things that you are looking for, most of the wheels have been created. Search provides a treasure of information.

http://scan.stockcharts.com/discussion/161/volatility-contraction-scans
  • In looking for information as how to write the scan.... Or if there are scans predefined that can be combined .. I will do a search .Thanks for replying and anymore help will be appreciated
  • The John Carter squeeze is the scan I'm trying to write. I found it on a post from the search that was recommended. I wrote it as was shown on the post and the syntex did not accept it. I wrote as follows.

[ Bollinger band width (20,2)<atr(10)*3]
  • Change the "Bollinger band width" to BB Width.
  • The scan I like to use is as follows,

and [Upper Kelt Chan(20,2,20) > Upper BB(20,2)]
    and [Lower Kelt Chan(20,2,20) < Lower BB(20,2)]
    and [roc(12) > 0]

John Carter has some videos on YouTube and that’s why
    I’ve added the criteria of roc(12), also find it works best if
    adx line is below 25

Hope that helps