New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Scans not giving accurate results

This scan gives stocks with a close from 4.5 to 136. Any ideas why?

[type is stock]
and [Close < 60] and [Close > 50]

Comments

• On Sat 12/15, I got 444 hits; sorted ascending, the first close is 50.030 the last ist 59.970. So that looks right.

Maybe you are looking at an unrefreshed results page from a previous scan?
  • Thank you. My scan was for a number of days ago. When I reran it for 0 days I got the same thing you did. So I guess that the scan results gives today's values, no matter what historical date you are looking at .
    To test this theory, I just took a sample for 60 days ago. For stock DTO the value 60 days ago was in my scan range. The scan results shows today's value of 83. I learned something today with your help!

• " the scan results gives today's values, no matter what historical date you are looking at ."

Unfortunately, you are correct. It would be an improvement to show results as of the scan date instead of the current date.

But (as you probably know, but for others who may not yet) you can check the results of offset (back-dated) scans by setting your chart ending date to the offset scan date (using Select Start/End Date in the drop down under "Period" in the chart attributes section).
  • Yes. Thank you.