New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

charts

would anyone here be able to recommend site that's geared more for day trading than stockcharts? I like stockcharts a lot bu they are geared more towards swing/long term trading and I cannot set it up for trading on a 1 minute/ 3 minute time frame..
thxs in advance

Comments

• With the Stockcharts Pro level subscription and the real time data package you get 5 second refresh and 1, 2, 3, 5, 10,15, 30 minute and 1 and 2 hour charts. Check your account page for pricing.

• yes I use extra now but I would like to customize the set up, like I would like to see how much volume is on each tick (one Minute ) also would like to see if it is positive or negative volume. right now for vol per tick i have to literately go across the page, flipping on each tic i don't have time for that.
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited February 2019
    If I'm understanding you, you should be able to re-size your chart to see everything at once - in the chart attributes section under size, choose on of the "built in" sizes, or use "custom" and make a chart with the exact dimensions (width and height) you want on screen. You might need to customize the time period (number of bars), too.

Or, maybe you could adjust your screen resolution. If you have a Windows set up, go to settings, or control panel, choose display, then choose a different resolution. The larger numbers make things smaller, so you see more on the screen, the smaller numbers make things larger so you see less.

Some combination of these dimensions should display everything you need to see. I'm thinking if you go to another site, you will run into the same problems. Maybe take a few hours some weekend to experiment. If you haven't already, save your current set up to a chart style so you can go back to it if needed.

Also, if you need to change views - say from one day to 5 days and back, you can assign styles for each time period to the buttons in the upper left corner and switch from there. Click on "Edit Properties" on the ChartStyles line on the chart workbench to assign a style to a button.

If you want to see one minute volume, you can use the "inspect" feature, if you have it. Put the cross hairs on the bar you want, and a pop up shows the volume for that bar ("V").

• Sorry been gone for a few day's I do all of the above as you say now. what I'm talking about is the ability to have a one day chart with 2 min ticks, have the volume be on a 30 second time frame and so on....I cannot do that with stockcharts. I'm not sure there is any other charts system out there that I can do that with either but thats why I'm asking....
  • I don't know of anything like that.
  • thx u for your time mark
  • Think or Swim maybe can satisfy your needs?
  • thxs, I already use them but time and sales is separate from l11 to hard to try and keep track of both to trade one minute ticks
  • Mark if i tried pro would the entire chart up date in 5 second intervals? What I mean is would the volume update every five seconds per minute in five second intervals?
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited February 2019
    I'm pretty sure it does, but I'll test it today. I know the price bars change every five seconds if the price changes. I don't use full quote, so I'm not sure about the other things, but I don't see why not.

Is there a particular symbol you are interested in, or category - stocks vs. etfs, or indexes? They should all be the same, but not everything trades every five seconds.

The other thing is, (you may know this already) you probably want to have the fastest internet connection you can get. I'm not an expert on that, but maybe another day trader here can chime in on that.
  • yep I have the fastest I can get, I trade stocks and etf's , one other thing I have 3 months left on this yrs extra, can I up grade to pro for the last three months and if so how will i be charged?
  • I don't know. But I believe you can upgrade at any time from your account page. The terms should be explained there.
  • thxs for all the infor Imkwin and Mark
  • Hello, I'm a new StockChart (SC) member and after opening a SharpChart I'm trying to extend it to full screen? Any other charting platform I've ever used always opens full screen automatically but with SC it doesn't seem to happen and I can't find a way to make it happen...Can anybody help? Cordially...
  • The Stockcharts concept is a little different, so preconceptions you have from other sites will probably hold you back at first. But in the long run, I think you will see the Stockcharts approach has a lot of advantages.

Stockcharts relies on chart styles you specify to display your charts. One of the elements is chart size, which you can set on the Chart Workbench in the Chart Attributes section under Size (second row). You can choose a size from the drop down, or set a custom size (for instance I use 1280 x 900). After you have chosen all the features you want in a chart style, save it an name it.

Here's a link to the documentation:

https://stockcharts.com/docs/doku.php?id=chartstyles