New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Yearly overlay for specific stock

Does anyone know of a template or any method to obtain a yearly chart (JAN - DEC) that overlays close prices each year for a specific stock for a specific time period?
i.e. take 2010 jan - dec place on chart, take 2011 and place on same chart with different color, 2012 on same chart...etc

Best Answer

Answers

• excellent! Just what I was looking for!
  • Gord, I will add to jer99's comment - excellent. Over the years, the StockCharts site has added so many features that in some cases if I haven't used them, I've forgotten about them. This is a tool I will be using. Discovering posts like this is a reason I read through the questions here at s.c.a.n. Thanks.
  • now, if we could scan for those stocks that historically have an 80% chance or higher for going up in the next month.... ;)
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited December 2014
    That function is undocumented, but at ChartCon I overheard a little group in the corner talking about it. So now I use it all the time. Works great! Here it is:

[group is BigWinners]

and [pop(21, close) > close*1.8]

:wink:
  • I never heard of these scan keywords and clauses:

[group is BigWinners]

and [pop(21, close) > close*1.8]

I tried it, but it does not work.

I tried [group is BigWinners] alone and it does not work.

pop cannot be parsed.

What gives?
  • It's joke, Kevo. No such thing. Wish there were.