New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

s.c.a.n. Website Outage

I first noticed the outage at midnight EDT last night. It happened again approx. 9:00 pm EDT. Today's outage lasted approx. less than an hour.

Comments

• KevoKevo
    edited March 2015
    As soon as I hit Post Discussion, it went out again... No chance to even log out. :#
  • Yes I also noticed the outage. This forum is hosted by a third party, "Vanilla forums". When I checked their website the following explanation was posted.
    ==========
    3:45 am UTC resolved
    This was traced back to network connectivity issues with a single VM, causing packet loss to backend storage. These issues have been resolved and normal operation is expected.
    2:46 am UTC info
    One of our clusters is experiencing degraded performance as a result of a bad disk, we are troubleshooting.
    ===========
  • CushCush
    edited March 2015
    This morning, Monday March 23rd. I am getting an error message when I set the refresh to 15 seconds on a chart. I have reported this to StockCharts Support. I am thinking this might be somehow a related issue even though these forums are hosted by a third party.
  • Whatever the issue was with "refresh" appears to have been resolved. Working correctly, for me, now!
  • Yes working again for me also. I also sent in a report this morning with the full error coding. Maybe a server just had to be re-booted.

As far as the two issues being related, I don't think so, different platforms on different servers at different locations.
  • s.c.a.n. down 7:30 PM EDT 08-05-2015; 10:00 PM now.
  • gordgord admin
    edited August 2015
    Yes there is no guarantee that this site is up 100% of the time. Might have something to do with the sudden increase in spammers trying to join this site in the last few days. Working for me now.