New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

How to scan for increasing yield?

In the Advanced Scan, there is a function for yield: [yield > 0]

My question is: How do I use it to scan for increasing yield?

I tried the following, but always receive an error message: Could not parse "YIELD" located in the clause "2 DAYS AGO YIELD < 0.1"

[type = stock] AND [exchange is NYSE]
AND [yield > 0]
AND [2 days ago yield < 0.1]
AND [3 days ago yield < 0.11]

Is there a way to scan for yield beyond its simplest operation?

Comments

• I got the same results. But, I think you can get what you want a different way.

Yield is dividend / close, so if the close is down, the yield must go up (and vice versa).

So you can just scan for dividend > 0 and close < 1 day ago close and you should get stocks with increasing yield since yesterday.

It looks like you cannot scan for what the yield actually was some time in the past - so you can't ask, did it yield 3% a month ago and 4% today.

But, if you know what level of yield you want today, you can scan for that, and then scan for a higher close - say 20 days ago - close > 20 days ago close * 1.1 - in other words, price was 10% higher a month ago. You'd have to figure out how much higher it would have to have been to be getting x% then.