New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Is the any way to plot the candlestick MA and the Heikin-Ashi MA on the same chart?

Is the any way to plot the candlestick MA and the Heikin-Ashi MA on the same chart?
That's my question.

Best Answer

• markdmarkd mod
    edited January 2016 Answer ✓
    Try this:

Make your main chart Heiken-Ashi.

Under Indicators, select Price.
    For Parameters, enter the main chart symbol.
    For Position, select Behind Price.

Under Advanced Options for Price (if your subscription allows) do the following:
    Under Opacity, select 0.0 (this makes the OHLC data for the Price Indicator invisible).
    Under Overlay, select Simple (or Exponential) Moving Average, and the length you want.

Answers

• Thanks Mark,
    I just had to make the Chart Type Opacity also 0.0 and insert the SMA that I wanted in Overlays, and it's just what I wanted.
  • gordgord admin
    edited January 2016
    jusplainjim,

Just be careful, if you are looking at positioning and crossovers of the MA's. The chart will have two scales on it, the main chart is on the right and the secondary will be on the left and they will be slightly different. For most stocks they will be quite close but for some maybe not so close.
  • Thanks Gord,
    I hadn't thought of that. I'm looking at the same MA or each chart - generally 8 to 10 period - and when I checked them individually the same scale came up. Wouldn't have thought to check without your comment.