New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

DOW CHART DOMINATES

Why does the Dow chart come up when i click on a chart to refresh it? Its just started to do this quite often lately.

Comments

• Options
    Unwanted Dow chart interferes with symbol refresh.
  • Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited January 2016
    I can't make this happen. Can you detail the steps? Are you bringing up the chart from a list, or entering it in the "Create a sharp chart" window at the top of the page? Are you on the chart work bench, or in 10 per page view, or candle glance view, or something else? The more detail the better.

Also, how are you refreshing? are you using the browser refresh, or an update button?
  • Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited January 2016
    Wait - I did just make it happen. On the advanced scan page, if you hit the "update" button but there is no symbol in the "symbol" window, it will bring up $INDU as the default symbol.

Make sure when you refresh with the update button (or possibly auto-refresh if you have that turned on) that the symbol for the chart is still there. It can disappear if you hit the space bar or some other keys while the symbol in the symbol window is highlighted. Note that whenever you enter a symbol and update, the symbol you typed in that window remains highlighted when the chart comes up. That's so you can type in multiple symbols in a row without having to move the mouse to insert the cursor in the symbol window. But it means you have to be careful about touching the keyboard because it will affect what's in the symbol window as long as it remains highlighted. To "un-highlight" the symbol, click on it or on white space anywhere else on the page.
  • Options
    MARKD...I JUST OPENED MY S.C.A.N. AND FOUND YOUR NICE EXPLANATION OF MY PROBLEM! THANKS EVER SO MUCH FOR YOUR EXPERTISE...I HAVE NOTED THAT YOU ARE VERY MUCH IN THE SOLUTION BUSINESS AND WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPER KNOWLEDGE OF ALL THINGS "STOCKCHARTISH"
    (PLEASE EXCUSE THE CAPS AS I HAVE POOR EYE SITE AND HAVE HAD FOUR EYE OPERATIONS THIS MONTH...CAPS HELP ME A GREAT DEAL) ( ALSO I GUESS YOU NOTED THAT I SAID DOW WHEN I MEANT $INDU.)
  • Options
    THANKS @SASHAN , GLAD THAT WORKED OUT FOR YOU. THERE'S PLENTY I DON'T KNOW ABOUT STOCKCHARTS - THEY KEEP ADDING THINGS - BUT IT'S FUN TO SHARE WHAT I'VE LEARNED - AND OFTEN I LEARN SOMETHING, TOO. I ADMIRE YOUR PERSEVERANCE! HANG IN THERE, BROTHER!
  • Options
    markd nice of you to take the time to write! from what i see in the work you do you could be Mr Stockchart...I know you are a big "piston in the engine" there and i know you are a gentleman and a scholar ( I taught physics for about 30 years) from your solutions and responses ...like this one to me.I will be 83 soon but am still writing programs that seem to work well.I got a $556.00 gain wed 1-27-16 in shorting NORD when it collapsed using my latest scanner.You played a part in this when you helped me with the $indu problem.Thanks again,markd.
    Sincerely yours, with high respect. Earl Osborne
  • Options
    @SASHAN Thanks, Earl. High praise indeed. Congrats on the trade!