New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Scanning for MACD-H divergences

I am trying to establish a scan for MACD-H Divergences looking back 40 periods.

[type = stock] and [close >10.0] and [volume > 400000] and [close > yesterday's max (40,close)] and [MACDH < yesterday's min (40,MACDH)]

Why does this not work? I can't find a syntax guide or a way to correct.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    The choices in the Technical Indicator drop down on the advanced scan page are "MACD Line", "MACD Signal" and "MACD Hist". MACDH is not a valid term for the scan engine.

I'm guessing you want MACD Hist. So open the Technical Indicators drop down and click on the MACD Hist option, then click Insert. It will show up at the BOTTOM of the scan window (you may have to scroll down to see it).

You will see "and [MACD Hist(12,26,9) > 0.0]"

Cut and paste that version of MACD Hist everywhere you have MACDH in your scan and see if that helps.
  • Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited November 2016
    P.S. - I might not have been completely clear - you have to include the parameters for MACD Hist - so in your scan, where you have MACDH, you want to have MACD Hist(12,26,9) instead (not just MACD Hist).

The reason is, the scan engine allows you to substitute the parameters 12,26,9 with any combination you want, but it needs to know what they are.