New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Need to pull RSI over 70 for 3 different periods

I am not a technical person. Really struggling here. Trying to get stocks with 19 years of RSI greater than 70. Would you be able to help?

This below query is not getting me the result i need.

[type = stock]

and [exchange is NYSE]
or [exchange is NASDAQ]
and [Volume > 100,000]

and [Close <30.0] and [Close >2.0]

and [RSI(14) > Max(228,70)]

My real scenario is, trying to get list of stocks that has 12 months, 24 months and 228 months RSI over 70 (in each period). Thanks.

Comments

• and [monthly min(228, monthly RSI(14) > 70]

This says RSI(14) - on the monthly chart - never dropped below 70 during the most recent 228 months - in other words, its MINIMUM value in that time was above 70.

The 228 months includes the most recent month - which isn't over yet - so you would set the run date back to the last day of February.
  • Thank you so much for your response. However, this following script did not return any output. But I know there are stocks that are higher than 70 RSI(14) for this 19 Years/Monthly timeframe.

[type = stock]

and [monthly min(228, monthly RSI(14)) > 70]
  • Do you have the symbol(s)?
  • HBP, HGNC, BCBP.. thanks
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited March 2017
    I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you meant continuously above 70 for 19 years. An odd request, but who am I to say don't try it...

Apparently you meant, has been above 70 on a monthly time frame at some time, or within some specific times, in the last 19 years.

If that's the case, then, instead of running just one scan, I think I would run this one several times:

and [monthly max(12, monthly RSI(14)) > 70]

Run that at intervals using the calendar tool to offset the scan run date to the last date of each year you choose.

You could change the 12 to 24, or 36 to reduce the number of times you have to run the scan - instead of the last date of every year, use the last date of every second or third year back.

You would run the first scan against all stocks you might be interested in, then the second scan against the results of the first (with the scan date offset to the next end-of-year date you want), then the third scan against the results of the second, and so on, until you are left with just stocks that made RSI>70 in each time frame.

• Thank you so much