New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Bollinger Band Width Check

Hi everyone,
this is my first post here. I learned a lot from other posts but could not find the answer to my problem.

I am trying to check the width (or range?) of the Bollinger Bands of monthly RSIs against past 20 periods. Basically I am trying to find if the "Monthly Upper BB - Monthly Lower BB > Average of the past 20 period (Monthly Upper BB - Monthly Lower BB)".

Here is what I have so far. I don't receive a syntax error however this scan returns zero results but I know that it should return at least 1 result (looking at the chart visually within the scanned time interval).

What am I doing wrong?

and [
[[last month's Monthly Upper BB(20,2.0,last month's Monthly RSI(14)) - last month's Monthly Lower BB(20,2.0,last month's Monthly RSI(14))] < [last month's monthly SMA(20,[2 months ago Monthly Upper BB(19,2.0,2 months ago Monthly RSI(14)) - 2 months ago Monthly Lower BB(20,2.0,2 months ago Monthly RSI(14))])]]
]

Any help is appreciated!
Cheers

Comments