New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Scan Results are Different

Today, I scanned one of my scans at 6:30 PM EST. I scanned it twice...the first scan using the drop down of..... Last Market Close(14 Aug) and received zero results. Then I ran the same scan using the other drop down selection of.... Last Intraday Update(14 Aug 5:30 PM) and received 16 results. Why is the difference ? Aren't the two time frames the same? Isn't the intraday the same as Last Market Close at the end of the day?

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited August 2017
    You would think they would be the same, but maybe there is a difference in "Stockcharts speak" between last (most recent) update and final (last close) update. Support might know.

I am surprised there is such a big difference in results, but I suppose it depends on what the scan asks for. Or, could be a fluke. Did you re-run both start options again and get the same difference in results again?
  • I reran the same scan and received the same results ??
  • I'd send the question to support. Include the scan itself so they can run it if necessary.