New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Compare two lists for non duplicates

I would like to figure out how to compare two stock lists, so that the results only show the positions in the lists that are not common. Example: List 1 holds, XOM, IBM, CSCO; List 2 holds XOM, IBM, AAPL. The results are only CSCO and AAPL.

Best Answer

• markdmarkd mod
    edited October 2017 Answer ✓
    I haven't tested this. You would need ALL the brackets, I think:

[
    [ [favorites list is 1] and [favorites list is not 2] ]

or

[ [favorites list is 2] and [favorites list is not 1] ]
    ]

Answers

• You could try it in Excel. Down load each list as a CSV, save as an Excel file, copy one list to the other sheet. Then for comparison methods, google "excel compare two lists".

To download the lists, run a scan against each list that has just the line {favorites list is ...] Create each scan by selecting the list from the Chart Lists drop down. On the results page, select "Download as CSV" from the option window.
  • so just to be clear, that's the only option? there is no can operator that would exclude common names between two lists in the advanced scan workbench? thanks!
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited October 2017
    There is no operator in SC that does that, that I know of.

All operators are listed here:

https://stockcharts.com/docs/doku.php?id=scans:advanced_scan_syntax