New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

FLAGS

lyndenlynden
edited July 2014 in Scanning
Does anyone have any scans for flags on the daily time frame. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Played around for a while and came up with this. Not great, but might generate some ideas from you or others:

and [10 days ago min(5, Fast Stoch %K(21,1)) < 20]

and [ 5 days ago max(5, Fast Stoch %K (21,1)) > 80]

and [Fast Stoch %K(21,1) < 80]

Stochastic is a way to tell where price has been in its range. So this says, somewhere between 10 and 15 days ago, price was in the lowest 20% of its 21 day range; then within the last 5 to 10 days it was in the upper 80% of its 21 day range (so in at least some of the hits there should be a pretty good rally - which is the flag pole); and in the past five days price has dropped below the 80% level, which may be the beginning of a flag.
  • Not to toot my own horn but I post Flags 5x a week ►►► http://www.sharptraders.com/flags.html
  • Yes i am aware Sharp and appreciate your efforts to supply to others, but would be nice to also have other criteria to add in conjunction with the flags.
  • I kinda think that is a personal preference...Some ppl like the pattern but only on stocks that have strong fundamentals...others may like the pattern and then watch the indicators they prefer. I like stocks w/ strong fundies but I trade them on technicals...My Fave 3 indicators are SLO STO 5,3...TRIX 5,2...ADX 7.

Doug
  • Concur Sharp guess it would be easier to just stay with a solid watch-list and flip thru the charts than to try to obtain any information here.
  • Mark
    Thanks for listing some criteria and your willingness to share. As you an tell, not getting much in the way of feedback and i appreciate your efforts to help and share.
  • [type is stock] and [close > 5] and [volume > 100000] and [sma(5,range) > close * 0.01]
    and [RSI(14) > 60.0] and [RSI(14) < 80.0]
    and [Stoch RSI(5) < 0.3]
    and [min(5,low) > Middle Price Chan(20)]
    and [high < Upper Price Chan(20)]
  • Ekwong

Thanks for taking the time to respond. After all that is what this forum is for . Thanks