New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Syntax

I tried to include a clause [EPS>Annual Dividend] and I get an error message invalid clause; but if I take out the Annual it includes the phrase but does not filter out stocks where the clause is false. Have any ideas?

Comments

• It looks like "EPS" and "dividend" may be coded only to compare with numbers and not other properties, even if the properties are numeric values and even though a different pattern passes the syntax checker.

In other words, in the phrase

and [EPS > dividend]

which passes syntax, it sees EPS as a number, and expects a number where "dividend" is. It doesn't expect another ticker property like "dividend", so it doesn't convert "dividend" to a number.

But I'm just guessing.

You could email support with your scan, and your target list - or a small sample of symbols that work and don't work and why - i.e. the eps and dividend values for each - and your actual results.

You could approximate the results you want with sequential scans. For instance, scan for dividend < 1.00, put the results in a list, then scan that list for EPS > 1.00, etc.