New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Saving RRG Charts

hankhank
edited October 2014 in SharpCharts
instruction for saving chart is to click linkable version. I see no tab on the chart to do that. looking for whatever works. thanks, hank

Best Answer

• Options
    gordgord admin
    Answer ✓
    Hank here's a picture and the written instructions.

Saving an RRG Chart

Members can click the “Linkable version” link located below the symbol table to get a link to their chart that can be bookmarked and/or used in web links. To bookmark that link, follow these steps:

1 Click on “Show Linkable Version”
    2 Click on the link that appears to reload your chart from that link
    3 Use your browser's Bookmark command (“Bookmark/Add Bookmark…” or “Bookmarks/Bookmark This Page” or “Favorites Star/Add to Favorites” etc.)

full instructions here

http://stockcharts.com/docs/doku.php?id=other-tools:rrg-charts#saving_an_rrg_chart

Answers

• Options
    Just to add a little to this discussion.

As Gord describes it is definitely the way to save a RRG chart. But what I noticed is that it also saves the specific date when the RRG was created. So when you use the bookmark say a month later the RRG will be positioned at the date it was saved while new data have already come in. So you have to manually slide the area on the benchmark chart to the right to see the up-to-date RRG.

It took me a few minutes to figure that out B)
  • Options
    just a quick update. The date has been taken out of the linked version. So when you save a linked RRG-chart as a bookmark. Next time when you pull it up it will be at the, then, current date!