New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Date Modifiers

Hi!

I am building a scan (a bullish Kumo breakout w/ a 3-day confirmation) and I want to make sure that I understand the Date Modifiers.

Say I run an after-hours scan on Friday, July 13 and I use the following Date Modifiers:

[whatever]
AND
[3 days ago Daily Ichimoku Span A(9,26,52) > 3 days ago Daily Ichimoku Span B(9,26,52)] refers to both “Spans” as of the end-of-day Tuesday, July 10.
AND
[3 days ago Daily Close X 3 days ago Daily Ichimoku Span A(9,26,52)] refers to the “Daily Close” and the “Span” as of the end-of-day Tuesday, July 10.
AND
[2 days ago Daily Close > 3 days ago Daily Close] refers to the “Daily Close” as of the end-of-day Wednesday, July 11 and Tuesday, July 10.
AND
[Yesterday's Daily Close > 2 days ago Daily Close] refers to the “Daily Close” as of the end-of-day Thursday, July 12 and Wednesday, July 11.
AND
[Today's Daily Close > Yesterday's Daily Close] refers to the “Daily Close” as of the end-of-day Friday, July 13 and Thursday, July 12.

Am I right?

Thank you!

Dr. T

Comments

• After the close on Friday:

no modifier looks at data as of the Friday close

1 day ago looks at data as of the close Thursday

2 days ago - as of the close Wednesday

3 days ago - as of the close Tuesday.

4 days ago - as of the close Monday

5 days ago - as of the close the previous Friday.

I don't use Ichimoku, so I don't want to confirm you are using it correctly, but your date modifiers appear to be correct.
  • Dear Mark D,

Thank you for your reply.

As always very helpful.

Dr. T